Monday, September 11, 2006

"Thank you" is not enough.

I usually consider myself a pretty humorous person. I try to make light of the ridiculous things that so often happen in our everyday lives.

But today, on what marks the 5th anniversary of September 11. I just can't find it in me to make light of things. Today is just plain too somber, too serious.

Instead, I try to focus on the thousands of people who have perished as a result of the September 11 attacks. I don't mean just the folks that died on that dreadful day, but all of those who have fought to preserve our freedom and safety, only to selflessly give their lives in the process.

I try to focus on those who haven't given their lives, but are in harm's way as we speak in an attempt to protect our great Nation.


I try to focus on those who are willing to go at a moment's notice, to these God-forsaken countries, to make sure we are safe.


Thank you. It's not enough, but it's all I can offer right here, right now. Thank you, from a grateful Nation.

God and I aren't exactly on the best terms right now, but I hope He'll listen when I say: God Bless you all. God Bless America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home