Sunday, February 18, 2007

Canker sores.

I like to think that I don't usually complain about physical "ailments." Well, maybe a little--but I'm surely not a baby about them.

But holy shit. I am in agony. And this is the avenue by which I am going to bitch about it, so yeah-I'm being a baby now.

You see, I have THREE enormous craters in my mouth. These craters are canker sores, I believe, but they are not normal-sized canker sores. They are huge and scary-looking.

And they fuckin' hurt.

I could deal with one crater in my mouth. It sucks, but at least I can eat by chewing on the opposite side of my mouth. I'm used to canker sores, you see. I get them quite frequently.

But this is NOT FUCKING FUNNY.

There IS no opposite side of my mouth here. They're on BOTH sides.

I've tried all the stupid home remedies that people "absolutely SWEAR by." Yeah, thanks but no thanks. Did NO good. In fact, I believe it angered the craters because they are now bigger.

I mean, what the fuck? I just want to eat. Please, Jesus--make the cankers go away. I'm tired of milkshakes.

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I too, suffer from these terrible things. I would get outbreaks all the time until I stumbled upon two things: One, low-acid tropicana orange juice. A dentist told me canker sores are common in people who have a low tolerance for acid and sugar (especially fruit sugars), so if you eat a lot of sugar and drink a lot of fruit juice, they'll occur more often. Number two, it could be your toothpaste. Rembrant makes a special Canker Sore toothpaste that is awesome. I swear by it. It cut down my outbreaks by 80% I'd say. Hope this helps!

 
At 1:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure what home remedies you have tried but the one that always works for me is a mouth full of peroxide. squish it around on the sores. It's going to burn a little when you do this but it works in less than a week. They are painful suckers and look like cancer craters in your mouth. I agree it's not funny. Hope this works for you

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Karen the Great said...

Thanks guys--unfortunately, I actually drink low-acid OJ, use canker sore toothpaste and yep--rince with water and hydrogen peroxide. Little fuckers are still there. Like I said--it just angers them more and they ask their friends to join them in making me miserable. :)

Carter--you the Carter from Myspace? If so, thanks for reading my blog! :)

And Howard!!! Where the fuck have you been! I missed you! How are things?

 
At 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm been mainting a low profile but couldn't resist giving you a remedy that may get rid of those nasty cankers. Don't want to see my Bud's in pain. I'm surprised the peroxide doesn't work for you, it's the only remedy I have in my Doctor file listed under. "things people get that are painful and piss them off." Perhaps one of my famous French kisses would work but unfortunately you are too far away.

 
At 1:01 AM , Blogger summitblues said...

maintaining even..lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home