Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mornings suck.

It was really, really hard getting up at 5:45 a.m. and going into work this morning. You see, for the past week and a half, I either haven't gone into work or have been the only one in the office, with no real set time schedule. As a result, I had been showing up for work at times ranging from 9 a.m. to noon.

I would have thought that after two and a half years of being in the "real world," I would have gotten used to waking up so goddamned early in the morning to go to work. But I'm still not accustomed to it. I am not a morning person and I am now convinced that I never will be.

And it's not even about being lazy. If I could get up at 8 even, to be at work for 9:30 or so, I'd be fine with working later into the evening. I'd probably be less bitchy and tired and more productive, too. Unfortunately, when working for the military, this is not an option. It's 7:30-8 a.m. or people bitch at you.

I've tried to adjust my routine, but I am unable to fall asleep before 10:30 unless I am very ill.

So, yeah--mornings suck.

If you're wondering while I'm still asleep at noon on Sunday when you call, now you know.

It's because I CAN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home