Monday, September 25, 2006

My weekend...

Well, I haven't posted in a while because I've been lazy. No other excuse for it, really.

Thursday was absolutely dreadful in terms of work. I had to go running all over the Base to take photos of random people to be featured in my office's online publication. Lame, but very time-consuming. I didn't eat lunch until 3:30, which is quite late for me. Then Jess and her friend, um, "Squeaks" and I went out to the Claddaugh, but it was a little lame so I was home before midnight. Not that Jess and Squeaks weren't fun, but I guess I'm at the point in my life where there's only so much time I can spend in the same bar.

Friday, I decided to take the day off and be a snob and arrange for an hour-long massage in the morning. It was wonderful. I felt like I had the crap beaten out off me, but I like that, you see. I have arthritis in my hands and feet and neck, so she got out all the knots. I try to squeeze in a massage every month and a half or so because when you sit at a desk day in and day out, you get more sore than if you actually had a job that required getting up and off your fat ass once in a while. Then I had lunch with Jess and Auntie Wawie which was nice. Laur introduced me to a candy store I had not been aware of and thankfully it was AFTER lunch, so I was pretty full and didn't feel the need to buy any candy. The temptation was definitely there, though. I still may go back and get some maple creams.

Laurie, you're a bitch for bringing me there. :)

After going to Maine for a few hours to see my parents, I finally met Doug and Lana for the first time on Saturday night--and lost my UFC virginity, as Doug refers to it.

I enjoyed the bloody violence of UFC, but enjoyed their company more! You guys are so awesome and we've got to hang out and talk about Swedenborg and Kant sometime over coffee and vodka, preferably not at the same time because I'd barf. Harvard Square beckons us this weekend, I think?!?!

As for Sunday, a boring day. Did nothing but watch movies. Watched "Ray" for the first time--all about Ray Charles. Jamie Foxx did a great job portraying him and while it wasn't exactly a new favorite movie, it's something people should probably take a look at one time. It's long, though. Prepare to be there a while.

I had no idea sweet lil Ray Charles was such a dog, though.

Then in the evening I watched "The Green Mile" for a second time and absolutely bawled. Now, everyone who knows me knows I rarely cry. I cry over significant relationships breaking up. I cry when my father is a real asshole to me. But I don't cry at movies. I cried over this one. If you haven't seen this, watch it. You will, too.

If you don't, though, keep it to yourself. I'm ashamed enough. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Blogger Sun Wu Kung said...

This weekend my friend Alex is coming into towm, so I'm spoken for. But soon, yes.

It is actually true that people who work sedentary jobs are much more prone to injuries than people who do physical labor and a lot of the trends in physical training now have to do with correcting the sort of imbalances you get from the typical American job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home