Monday, December 11, 2006

I've got pizza and writing on the mind...

I am so fucking hungry. I'm so hungry now that I'm kind of dizzy. You'd think the enormous bison burger I had last night would have lasted a bit longer, but alas, it did not. My hoodia has failed me today, folks. I could eat an entire large pizza right now. From Pizza Hut. Mmmmmmm...

Weekend was good, yet low-key. I've found that as I get older (not that I'm old, mind you...despite the white hairs), I like low-key weekends. I went shopping with Monica, my co-worker, on Friday night and got a coat for myself. Merry Christmas to ME, bitches. Saturday I did absolutely nothing but go to Mass and Christmas Tree Shops, and Sunday I traveled to Rhode Island to meet up with Val and DJ, make a new friend, Cal, and eat bison and drink tasty martinis.

I'm in one of my I'm-disgusted-with-life-again moods. Just kinda blah. I'm sure I probably need meds. Or sex. Either will do just as well, I'm sure (kidding).

Despite hardly being a literary genius, I have been thinking about writing a book. Not seriously thinking about it, just thinking. I write nothing but boring Air Force program articles with zero room for any creativity, so I feel I need to be creative somehow. And quite often, I have enough time on my hands at work to be working on something completely unrelated to the Air Force.

I have no idea what this book would be about, all I know is that I aim to write it somewhat similiar to the style of Augusten Burroughs, my favorite author. If you are not familiar with the works of Mr. Burroughs, I strongly encourage you to become familiar with them (particularly his novel, Magical Thinking--so funny). The goal of his books is to tell various "scenes" of his life story and to make people laugh while doing it. I want to do that. However, I feel that in 24 years, I don't exactly have enough life story tidbits to compose a novel.

Well, my life is pretty strange and actually quite sitcom-ish, so perhaps I do.

I dunno, though...it's a somewhat ridiculous thought (me, writing a book! WHA?) and I'm sure I'll find some way to snap myself out of such an insane idea.

The good news is that while I kinda hate my job, my contract was extended until May/June (for sure, this time) and fortunately, I'll have a job and plenty of time to find something new...I'm actually quite grateful that I'll be employed during the holidays.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM , Blogger summitblues said...

When I first moved out here in the boonies back in 1984 I was driving on a gravel road that runs parallel to mine and holy shit, I saw a herd of bison. I had only seen bison on TV and was quite surprised to see a giant heard of them grazing along side the road. I had this urge to dress up in buckskins and shoot one with my black powder rifle.

Send me an autograhped copy of your book when it's completed. Just don't let the publisher censor your colorful language..

Oh fuck, I see the dreaded word verification below with the longest and hardest letters to read..well, here goes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home