Monday, November 27, 2006

Dentist. Ick.


So, I have a dentist appointment in an hour and a half and I'm bored now, so I'm writing about one of my biggest fears.

I loathe the dentist. Like, even moreso than most people. I'd seriously and sincerely rather go to the gynocologist ten times than visit the dentist once.

I hate the smell of the office. I hate the sound of the equipment, especially the drill. It makes my skin crawl. I HATE needles with all of my being and soul and I HATE how gung-ho they are about giving them. I've actually had an extremely deep cavity filled without novacaine.

This is not because I'm bad-ass. This is because I'd rather deal with the pain of the filling than deal with some insane man putting a needle into my gums.

He's not really insane, either. He's actually an extremely nice man. He'd be a blast to hang out with--outside of the office. But in there, he's my worst enemy. I'm like the kid from "Home Alone" who's scared of the furnace in the basement. He knows it provides heat for the house--a good thing--yet, he is frightened of it anyway. I know that the dentist provides a good service--preventing any need for dentures by the time I'm 27--but I am frightened of him anyway.

What makes this experience even more nerve-wracking is that I am getting my first wisdom tooth. It is not bothering me in any way and has already broken through the skin. It's not giving me any pain, so if the dentist says it needs to come out, I'm basically telling him to fuck off because unless it's hurting me and hurting me BADLY, it's staying IN. I am avoiding any sort of surgery like the plague, especially since surgery involves needles and I'm just plain not cool with that because I'm a needle-wuss.

So, yeah. That's my nervousness coming through in what I enjoy theh most--writing.

And remember how I said I'd rather visit the gynocologist than the dentist?

It's all good, because she's coming up tomorrow. I can hardly fucking wait.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM , Blogger summitblues said...

Dentists were put on this earth to scare the shit out of people who aren't afraid of nuttin. Sadistic bastards who make necklaces out of the teeth they pull from our mouths. They tie their privates to their thigh so as not to reveal the erection they get when we are squealing in pain...Obviously I hate going to the dentist too.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Karen the Great said...

Haha! Howard, you rock.

They ARE twisted SOBs, though...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home