Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Interview #2: results

I just received a call from the disasterous interview I had last week. Well, I shouldn't say that: the interview itself went well, the process of getting there did not go well. Read below, if you care.

A rep I had been corresponding with from the company's HR department called to tell me I was not chosen. Big shocker: I was an absolute mess upon arrival. Hardly interview material. However, she revealed to me that if they had not chosen another interviewee with very similiar experience to the job description, they would have chosen me. They were impressed and wanted me to come in to explore another job option with them. And it makes me feel good that I was the runner-up for the position I interviewed for, especially since the lady revealed to me that they had chosen about 30 people to interview.

I wonder if the others had as much trouble finding the place as I had, and subsequently looked even more pathetic than I did upon my eventual arrival. Whoa.

Anyway, I don't think I'm interested in the other job offer--just not really what I'd like to do. Too much administrative assisting, not enough writing and PR work.

But, it was super nice of them to offer.

5 Comments:

At 4:31 PM , Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

See, always show up late and wet and your chances increase.

At least it set you apart.

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

I want to follow up on my last post.

Sometimes, it's important to set your self apart in an interview so that they will remember you (in a nice way). Some people wear a flower... In an interview process there are generally several competent interviewees, and it's the ones of those that they recall the most that get further interviews and an opportunity to sell themselves.

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger summitblues said...

Or you could have a wardrobe malfunction. Then they would remember you for sure.

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

summitblues- are you thinking Tanya Harding in the Olympics?

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger summitblues said...

No, I was thinking Janet Jackson at the Superbowl..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home