Monday, November 20, 2006

Construction, etc.

I am sincerely going insane.

I am at my desk at work right now, being forced to listen to construction workers drilling and cutting up marble flooring RIGHT NEXT FUCKING DOOR TO MY OFFICE. There is a thin wall between us, and the noise is so bad that I cannot hear people on my phone, so therefore, cannot even pick it up when it rings.

I can't hear my boss shouting to me from his office next door, either.

This is something that should be done off-hours. But no, the government is so smart that they choose to have them do this contruction while people are here, trying to get their own work done.

We can't even hear ourselves think. Seriously. It's so bad that my boss is considering telling us all to go home. There's no relief.

And to make matters even MORE fun, we come in from the weekend to find a thick layer of white dust all over EVERYTHING. It's on our desks, furniture, computers, phones, EVERYTHING. When we opened the little fridge we have in our office, we found dust INSIDE of it.

So our eyes are watering and our throats are dry as hell.

We go to the building manager and he basically tells us to fuck off. It's not in HIS office, after all, so why should HE care? Silly us!

We call the environmental division to come do an air screening. They thankfully come right away and tell us that at least there's nothing poisonous in the air (they found asbestos in the walls just last week, so we were just a TAD concerned of lung cancer). I think they lied, but whatever. If I get mesothelioma, I'm so suing the Air Force for all they're worth. I'm going to own the Air Force.

Moving along! My weekend was good. Saw a movie last night with Jeff--"Let's go to Prison." Really very funny. My kind of humor--dry with a raunchiness to it. Loved it. Went to Danielle's for a little while beforehand to wish her a happy birthday and drop off her gifts. Unfortunately I couldn't stay long, so I just took some of their food and bolted. I feel really bad about that; I'll bring food next time to make up for it, guys! :)

Saturday, I had a wedding to sing at in the morning and then I went for a massage. Normally, this would be a great experience, but my usual place didn't have any openings for this Saturday, so I went to another spa.

Big mistake.

There is a crazy lady down the hall from me where I work--her name is Anita. She works in the history office. I'm truly not meaning solely to bad-mouth the lady; she authentically gives me the creeps. Not kidding. So, imagine my surprise whe I get to this other spa and find out that the masseuse looks just like her. Let's just say I couldn't relax very much.

Later, Laur and I went shopping and just hung out for a while.

Friday, I went out with some of the girls from work--went to the Cambridgeside Galleria. Didn't buy anything, but the mall is nice and the people-watching is fun and it's an environment I don't get to go to everyday.

Other than that...nothing new. Just thought I'd update this thing once in a while! If anything fun and exciting happens, I'll be sure to let y'all know.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM , Blogger summitblues said...

When you own the Air Farce would you send a private jet to pick me up and fly me there for a massage? I want some young scantily clad female to work me over who supplies extra services on the side.haha

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Karen the Great said...

Haha...you perv! (smiles)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home