Monday, November 13, 2006

Job interview #3

On Friday, the president of a PR firm I had been interested in for a while now gave me a ring. She asked when we could set up a phone-screening.

"What about now?" I said. "Are you busy?"

She claimed she was in a teleconference with a couple of other company reps and they'd love to talk to me, too--all the while advising me not to be too nervous just because I'd be talking to three people at once.

"I'm not nervous," I assured her.

So we all chatted very non-chalantly for about an hour, and I felt very at ease. The job sounded interesting enough: basic PR work for tech-related companies. I'd be in charge of about 3 major accounts at one time. I'd get to work from home--which is great in most ways, but troublesome in others because I may have some difficulty getting motivated. Oh, well. I'd deal with it to not have to commute.

So, I finished up my casual interview thingie and got an e-mail from her right away. She was very impressed with me and wants to take me for a second dinner interview at some nice place in Brookline. Free dinner? I'm game--even if I don't get the job.

Here's hoping I don't get lost and can actually find the place. :)

4 Comments:

At 4:03 PM , Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

Good luck!!

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger Karen the Great said...

Thank you, dahling!

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

You're living too much Borat.

Hmmmm..... that COULD help you in an interview.

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Karen the Great said...

No such thing as too much Borat. I heart Borat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home