Thursday, November 30, 2006

Finally, an excellent interview!

So, I finally had my interview in Brookline last night with that PR firm I've been talking about for weeks. I think people have begun to think it doesn't ACTUALLY exist. It does.

It went swimmingly. The president of the company, named Jennifer, and one of her PR managers, named Alex, took me out to this swanky French/Cambodian restaurant on Beacon St. The food was super-expensive and to top it all off, I had mentioned in a phone conversation with her that I enjoyed Riesling wine, so she ordered an $89 bottle of the restaurant's finest Riesling, even though I had only intended upon drinking water because wine gets me fucked up really fast.

And normally, the last thing you'd want to do on an interview is get drunk.

Even though the two people interviewing you at the table are noticably so.

Yup, they got drunk. Well, not completely drunk, but a little...well, happy. It was an enjoyable time, though. Again, their being so nice made it a whole lot less stressful.

They kept saying, "If you decide to work for us..." blah, blah, blah--as if it was going to be MY decision and they had already made theirs. I take this to be a good sign.

I'd mainly be working from home in this position, too. It involves a fair amount of media relations, which I have some skill in. Despite all of my talk, I can actually be quite the charmer when I need to--so dealing with the media and selling a product to them (so they attend trade shows about the product and publicize it well) is actually something I do pretty decently.

The position involves some event planning, too. There is travel to various trade shows--mainly over in Europe. International travel is definitely intriguing, as I have actually never been overseas.

So, I'm not a worldly bitch. Yet.

I'm going to e-mail them a list of some questions I have for them tonight, as last night's dinner was definitely very informal. I'll let you know more details as soon as they respond...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home