Monday, December 04, 2006

Ugh...jackhammering...

G'day all!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I don't know about you guys, but mine was far too short.

And now I'm listening to the constant jackhammering behind the my office wall from the contruction. Again. Oh. My. God. It is impossible to get any sort of work done.

Heard back from that job that I was so excited about. Yeah, not so excited anymore. She refuses to discuss even the range of pay with me unless it's face to face (for negotiation purposes, I presume?), the health benefits suck and are expensive (they pay 60%, I pay 40%, which amounts to $177.40 per month), they offer NO retirement plan, and to make matters worse, they tell me they'd like to hire me but they want me to work as a full-time contractor for a month or two so that they can "try me out."

I mean this as respectfully as possible, but, fuck you, bitches. I know what the hell I'm doing in PR, unlike that last girl you told me about who had no experience in the field. You have the nerve to tell me you want to "try me out" (for less pay, no benefits and a lesser guarantee of permanent hire) and not take any risk whatsoever in agreeing to hire me full-time? Yet, you expect for ME to take a huge risk on YOU by quitting my full-time job with decent and inexpensive health benefits and a 401k plan? I know, for sure now, that I have this job until May 31, 2007--and perhaps even later. There's no way I'm leaving it now for something with less of a guarantee for full-time exployment. And then you refuse to even tell me what kind of money I'll be making?

Bite me.

As much as I loathe this place, I'll stick with the evil I know, thank you.

Other than that, nothing new whatsoever. T'was a relatively low-key weekend. I was tired on Friday, so I stayed in that night and colored my hair (see the below post for more info) and watched shitty movies on TV. I apparently did a pretty shitty job because I still see a white hair or two. However, I'm trying to save money by paying $6.99 at Brooks versus $80 at the hairdresser, so I'm sticking with just having her do the cuts for now.

Saturday, Laurie, Elysia and I went shopping all damn day. It was one of the longest days of shopping I've ever had, and the mall was crowded, so we were all pretty miserable after about the third hour. And to make matters worse, I didn't even end up getting much of anything for other people.

So, I'm ordering everything online today here at work because it's not as if I can actually FOCUS on anything productive with this incessant jackhammering.

Sunday, I hung out with Jeff in the evening and played Scrabble. I don't want to talk about it because he actually won a game.

I'm not really mad or a sore loser...I just like pretending I'm one. :)

Have a good (and hopefully more peaceful than mine) day.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Their offer is completely underwhelming. They should have saved the $89 bottle of wine and bought you some benefits.

. . . Or, you should have gotten totally sloshed on the costly stuff. If only you had known.

Sorry, Dear.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home